There’s nothing more annoying when trying to have a good time with a cool anime video game, and then all of a sudden, you get an error that ruins everything.
In this case, I am referring to the “MapleStory runtime error.”
This is a common error that has been encountered and reported by several MapleStory users.
Today, I’m here to share the steps you need to take any time you encounter a MapleStory runtime error.
But first, let me show you what exactly is a runtime error and the reasons why you are encountering any runtime error related to Maple Story.
What Is A Runtime Error?
A runtime error is an error that occurs while the program is running or when the software is instantly launched.
This error type is not the same as the errors that occurs when a program is running, but it’s similar.
The runtime error usually comes in a small pop up box that includes an error code with information about the program affected.
Reasons For MapleStory Runtime Error
These are the reasons,
1. Microsoft Visual C++
Microsoft Visual C++ is a program that plays an important role for MapleStory to run without any error.
If you are getting a runtime error when you open MapleStory, these are the main reason related to Microsoft Visual C++.
- The program is not installed on your computer.
- The program was not correctly installed on your computer.
- The program is outdated.
- You have the wrong version of Microsoft Visual C++ installed on your computer.
2. Low Memory
Memory also plays a role when you encounter any runtime error.
If your RAM or Video memory is low, MapleStory will have trouble launching.
You need to have at least 4GB of RAM installed on your computer
It’s essential you know all the system requirements to run MapleStory successfully on your computer.
It’s nothing new to know that any game that runs on PC will need the help of DirectX.
Except if you are new to the gaming world of PC.
If DirectX is not installed on your computer, there a chance you will issue running MapleStory,
Not all games require DirectX, but when it involves MapleStory, it needs to be installed.
How To Fix MapleStory Runtime Error
1. Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++
To do this, you want to uninstall the program and then reinstall it.
Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++
To uninstall this program, follow this guide on how to remove programs.
Install Microsoft Visual C++
Here’s how to properly install Microsoft Visual C++
1. Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 from the official website.
2. Install the program.
3. Restart your computer.
4, Launch MapleStory.
2. Install DirectX
1. Download DirectX from the official Microsoft website.
2. Install the downloaded program on your computer.
3. After installation, restart your computer.
3. Reinstall Maple Story With Patch
1. Download MapleStory game client and manual patcher on your computer.
2. Do not install yet.
3. Search for control panel in windows search and click on it.
4. Click on programs and features.
5. Look for MapleStory and uninstall it.
6. Reboot your computer.
7. Open windows explorer with the following command:
Windows key + E
8. Make sure you are on this PC or my computer.
9. Click on your operating system drive. Usually drive C.
10. Click on program files.
11. Look for WIZET folder and delete it.
12. Install the MapleStory game client you just downloaded without launching it yet.
13. Install the MapleStory manual patcher.
14. Now, launch MapleStory.
4. End MapleStory With Task Manager
In most cases, this process usually solves the problem.
1. Open task manager with the following command:
Ctrl + Shift + Esc
2. In the name section, look for the MapleStory program and click on it.
3. After clicking on it, click on end task.
4. Launch MapleStory to confirm if your problem is solved.
5. Restart Your Computer
The idea of restarting your computer is to automatically clear any error that could cause MapleStory to show a runtime error.
Sometimes, errors can develop from other programs in the background, causing other programs not to respond correctly.
By restarting your computer, you have a chance of avoiding these errors that could conflict with MapleStory from running the way it should.
If you are currently facing a MapleStory runtime error, simply restart your computer and the launch MapleStory.
6. Submit A Request Ticket To MapleStory
If you have gotten to this stage without any of the above solutions working for you, here’s another effective to resolve your problem.
This solution is by requesting help from the MapleStory support team.
Click on the button below to request help from MapleStory.Submit a Request
There’s a chance you are not following my instructions correctly, or your problem is a special kind that needs the attention of a professional from MapleStory.